Wednesday, June 15, 2016

MAJOR DISRUPTION

I have finally decided to get new carpet.  Prior to that the house needs painting as there is no point in getting the new carpet down and then starting to paint.

First up Doug has painted the outside room for me and I cleared out Max' desk in the small room off it and Doug put up some shelves.  


Shelves in the small (former office but now cupboard).  They are now filled.


A couple of "before" photos of the outside room


 and a couple after painting.



The master bedroom has now been emptied and Doug is in the middle of painting it for me.  I am awaiting a painter but he is still on jobs for neighbours.  I was just going to get the bedrooms painted but have now decided with the disruption I may as well get the lounge and dining room done.

While Doug is busy painting (his least favourite job) I am sorting items to give to charity shops and moving other items into the outside room.  This could be a long job.

9 comments:

  1. I think if one day we return to over-winter in Brighton we'll have the same tasks. We're not looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It should have been done when we moved here (an amazing) seven years ago but after being homeless for 6 weeks we just wanted to get settled. Since then it has been in the too hard basket but I can't put it off any longer.

      Delete
  2. That all looks wonderful, fresh and light. It will be great when all is finished, you can then breathe a huge sigh of thankfulness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All very neutral but it will be great. Could be a while yet though.

      Delete
  3. Nice job! It is such a good feeling to transform a room (or rooms) into something fresh and new. A coat of paint always makes a big difference.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First bedroom is nearly finished - just the doors and windows to do!!!

      Delete
  4. It is a job I dislike as well, but when finished I start looking at other rooms and the work starts all over again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doug suggested I do all the rooms before finishing the first room. Hopefully the painter I organised will turn up next week.

      Delete
  5. don't talk to me about decorating - the upset of the rooms seems to spread through the house - we have decided to decorate the bathroom before a new carpet is fitted - just another job to add to the list :)

    ReplyDelete