Wednesday, October 7, 2015

ORCHID ROCK ROSE

This plant (or rather its predecessor) was in the garden when I came here.  It is neither an orchid nor a rose but looks delightful at this time of year.  its proper name is Cistus Brilliancy.  I know as I recently found the original plant tag in the garden.

The bush was very woody.  As I was still caring for Max at the time I had someone come in to do some pruning.  Luckily, I stuck some cuttings in a pot, as the pruning was too severe and original plant died.  The cuttings were later planted together rather than trying to separate them.  They have flourished.



These are the self sown geranium maderense that I showed earlier in the month.




I had to come in from the garden as it was too hot (for me at least) I see it is 28 degrees in my porch.

12 comments:

  1. I wish that it was possible to keep geranium Maderense here but I lost mine over winter because I forgot to take it in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The ones I have now were all self seeded although they do keep over winter.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It is coming on. Have only just started to get out and weed becausewhen I have had time to get in the garfden it has been either raining or blowing a cold wind.

      Yesterday I had to come in because of the heat. Things have changed in a hurry.

      Delete
  3. We have one here that is called Cistus purpureus 'Brilliancy', it is a smallish plant but the flowers look the same.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your garden looks lovely. We had a nice day here today. I've been planting out foxgloves and Canterbury bells ready for next spring. My geraniums are starting to look a bit sad. Time to get them in soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When we visited the bluebell wood last week a lady arrived to transplant some foxglove seedlings. Been out in the garden again today but it is a lot cooler.

      Delete
  5. Your garden's looking good, Susan. Love that rock wall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I love the rock walls as well. Not authentic old ones just retaining walls but I still like the look of them.

      Delete
  6. Your garden is looking lovely - nice to see so much colour when all ours is fading.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is coming right. Finally catching up with weeding and doing some planting. You have plenty of autumn colour - just different colours to spring.

    ReplyDelete