Friday, November 22, 2013

Gibbs Farm - 1

I seem to have been so busy lately, I have photos to post of a walk at the Taheke Falls and up Maungatapere Mountain but have been too tired at the end of the day to post them.  As well as doing numerous walks, visiting my hubby every other day there is general living and gardening going on.

Anyway, yesterday we, Doug and I, went on a bus trip to Gibbs Farm.  It is situated on the Kaipara Harbour, the largest harbour in the Southern Hemisphere.  Alan Gibbs bought the farm in 1991 - it is rolling countryside and is now scattered with major art works as well as various animals, zebras and giraffes to name a couple.

The farm is open once a month except January and is well worth a visit.  To read about the artworks go here

Anyway here are some of the photos I took.

This white faced heron was alongside the water at our morning tea stop on the way to the farm.
















4 comments:

  1. Mr Gibbs has very good taste, and I presume, a lot of money!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, different!
    Love from Mum
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The artworks are spectacular. What a lovely trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...amazing art work..Looks like a great place to visit.
    I love the first photo of the heron. So serene and peaceful!

    ReplyDelete