Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Stone Wall

On May 30th I posted that I was gradually clearing the ladder fern on our rock wall.  It is a lengthy process as I put some in my wheelie bin each week and that is generally enough anyway as it is quite hard work pulling the plants out.


This afternoon the sun shone so I decided to remove some more.  Naturally, I had help.  In the top photo Kim is just above the wheelbarrow heading in my direction.  Unfortunately, the fern on the left is going to be harder to remove - I know as I have tried.  Still, that is for next week.

Of course, it will grow back again but, hopefully, it will take some time to get as large as it was to start with.

6 comments:

  1. I'm usually desperate to get things to grow. If I lived nearer, I'd be planting all your rejects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, no you wouldn't - I think it is classed as a noxious weed. It would cover the whole area very quickly. It is almost as bad as the wandering jew that I am trying to tame.

      Delete
  2. Vines, ferns, and bushes that I bought after being told they were slow growing have not been. It seems that I am spending more and more of my time cutting back on their rapid growth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was one of the weeds that was here when we bought but I know what you mean.

      Delete
  3. I have come here from Lady M's secret garden. What lovely trees, bushes so succulent and lush I have found as I have been browsing. Signed up as follower see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome, you are my 20th follower. I will visit your blog shortly.

      Delete